Monday, January 25, 2016

Books I Haven't Read?!


When it comes to our TBR lists, I think we all have a handful of books that we're utterly ashamed of having not read yet.  Here's a list of the top ten books I've yet to read!




1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I have heard about these books over and over and over again, yet I still haven't actually read them.  I own Anna and the French Kiss.  There is literally no excuse for why I haven't read that book yet, but as you can see, it remains in the TBR pile.


2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

I don't really know anything about this book other than that it's really sad, but I still know that I want to read it.  It's quite a popular book- maybe I can still catch the We Were Liars train? 


3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

I know that this book series has gotten mixed reviews, but it's still something I feel like I should've read by now.  And, after reading the synopsis, it sounds like a really cool, unique read.  


4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Number one: I've heard nothing but good things about this book. Number two: Sarah J. Maas. Number three: Sarah J. Maas. I absolutely adore Sarah J. Maas' writing style, and I'd really like to read more by her.


5. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

Now, it is my understanding that the Grisha Trilogy is not all that good, but Six of Crows is supposedly fantastic.  I own Six of Crows, and I'd really like to read it.  That's why the Grisha Trilogy is so high up on my list.  Plus, I'd really like to be able to actually agree with people when they talk about these books.  I've never read them, so my opinion isn't all that valid.


6. To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han

I'm not the biggest contemporary reader, so when I see a contemporary that sparks my interest, chances are I'll like it.  To All the Boys I've Loved Before sounds like the most brutally hilarious, horrifying read, and I'd really like to pick them up. 


7. The Diviners by Libba Bray

The Diviners takes place in one of my favorite time eras, and it's gotten great reviews. I feel like so many people have read this book already, and I want to know what it's all about! 


8. Heir of Fire + Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

Like I said earlier, I love Sarah J. Maas' writing.  The fact that I haven't finished what's completed of this awesome series kills me.  Plus, Crown of Midnight leaves off on a bit of a cliff hanger, so I should've rushed to get Heir of Fire as soon as I could. 


9. Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken

This one might be the book I'm most ashamed of not having read yet. The Darkest Minds Trilogy is one of my all time favorite book series ever, and yet, I have not read the novella bind up yet.  What's worse is that this bind-up is supposed to be really good, unlike many bind-ups we see. 


10. Unravel Me + Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Finally, we have the final two books in the Shatter Me trilogy.  I've read Shatter Me, and I enjoyed it.  I don't know why I haven't gotten around to actually finishing the series, but I haven't. This is just another one of those really popular series that I have failed to keep up with.


So those were my top ten unread books!  Thanks for reading, and let me know what some of your most shocking unread books are! Do we share any?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts; I'll write back soon! Be sure to check that 'notify me' button so we can keep the discussion going!